Man sues Puyallup eatery, says it’s responsible for son’s death

By Adam Lynn | The News Tribune

The father of a man who died after allegedly falling and hitting his head during a party at a Puyallup restaurant has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the business.

Attorneys for David Lee filed the lawsuit on his behalf this month in Pierce County Superior Court.

Lee is the father of Patrick Lee and the representative of the younger man’s estate. He seeks unspecified damages from Mis Tres Amigos, a family-owned Mexican restaurant with locations in Puyallup and Lakewood.

Efforts to reach an attorney representing the restaurant were unsuccessful.

Patrick Lee, 22, died in November 2010 allegedly after becoming extremely intoxicated at the restaurant, the lawsuit states.

The injury occurred during an after-hours party hosted by the establishment’s general manager, who allegedly gave Lee liquor and marijuana, the lawsuit states.

Instead of summoning help for Lee, the general manager and one of Lee’s friends “left him in a booth and continued to party,” the lawsuit alleges.

Lee was found the next morning unresponsive and having difficulty breathing. The general manager and Lee’s friend took him to Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup. He eventually was transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he was declared brain dead and removed from life support.

David Lee’s lawyer, Anna Price of Connelly Law Offices in Tacoma, contends the restaurant broke the law by hosting an after-hours party and put Patrick Lee in danger by over-serving him liquor, then failing to summon assistance when he was injured.

Patrick Lee grew up in Fircrest and was active in soccer and Boy Scouts as a child, according to his obituary, which ran in The News Tribune a few days after his death. He had been studying to become a personal trainer.

“Patrick’s way of living in the moment not only made him fun to be around, it also led to some scrapes along the way,” his obituary read.

Patrick Lee was charged with drug possession in April 2009, a charge later dismissed when he completed an intensive drug-treatment program, court records show.

Follow link to article