About Us – Professional Details
Micah’s practice focuses on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious injury or loss in personal injury, product liability, sports accidents, and serious automobile or bicycle accidents. His passion lies in helping those who need it most – individuals. Micah is most passionate about issues involving injustices where there is an apparent imbalance of power. Whether the imbalance involves a large corporation that produces a defective or dangerous product at the expense of the individuals who are killed or injured as a result, an employer abusing an employee, or a government entity that infringes on individual’s civil rights. Micah strives to attain justice for individuals who have been seriously injured or treated unfairly by these more powerful entities.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Civil litigation, primarily serious personal injury, wrongful death, brain & spinal cord injury, sports injury, government liability, and products liability.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN
All Washington Courts
US District Courts for Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
EDUCATIONJ.D., Gonzaga School of Law, 2006
- Magna cum laude
- Thomas More scholar
- American Constitution Society: Chair
- Gonzaga Public Interest Law Caucus: Vice-President
B.S., University of Oregon, 2000
REPRESENTATIVE CASES:Clay v. Seattle School District (2009)
- $15 million spinal cord injury during an unsafe wrestling practice. School did not ensure that coaches were not properly trained in safety techniques, and encouraged aggressive, dangerous behaviour during practice.
- Youth rendered C-5 quadriplegic in an unsafe obstacle course at summer camp. Cumulative settlements totaled $14.25 million.
- Temporary worker sustained traumatic brain injury as a result of an unsafe and unsecure wooden block used to store heavy doors in a warehouse. Case resolved for $6.5 million.
- Resident of Marina sustained injury in fall on his way home to his boat. Case resolved short of trial for $630,000.
- Products liability and medical negligence case involving a dangerous dental anesthetic. Plaintiff suffered from severe right side facial paralysis. Cumulative settlements for $1.7 million.
Washington State Bar Association
Washington Young Lawyers Association
Washington State Associate for Justice