About Us – Professional Details
Marta is a trial attorney committed to the representing individuals who have experienced trauma, loss and injury. Her practice includes a wide array of personal injury claims, including wrongful death, civil rights, products liability, medical malpractice, premise liability, insurance bad faith, employment and government liability claims. Marta has obtained substantial recoveries for her clients through settlement and trying cases to verdict. Marta works hard to make the legal process feel manageable and accessible to her clients.
Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
University of Washington, B.A., International Studies, cum laude, 2009
LICENSURE & ADMISSIONS
• Washington State Courts, WSBA No. 46416
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ)
EAGLE Member (2017 – Present)
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association (TPCBA)
Active Member (2017 – Present)
REPRESENTATIVE CASES & RESULTS
- Kelly v. Snohomish County (2017) - $4.1 million verdict for gross negligence of a county designated mental health professional as associated counsel.
- Wilson v. The Bar Association, LLC, Sluggo Brewing, LLC, et al. (2020) - $2.1 million settlement for dram-shop liability, representing the available policy limits.
- C.V. et. al v. Department of Health and Social Services (2019)- $1.5 million settlement for CPS failure to remove children from home where they were subjected to years of abuse and neglect.
- Grech v. Thurston County (2017) – represented injured woman struck by police officer negligently passing her vehicle and T-boning her at a high speed; obtained $700,000 settlement.
- E.J.S. v. Kline (2019) - $500,000 settlement for injuries sustained by a three-year old when we he was hit by a vehicle, representing that available policy limits.
- Goff v. Department of Health and Social Services (2018)– Obtained $350,000 settlement for erroneous determination parent committed sexual abuse after falsified evidence against parent was uncovered.