About Us – Professional Details
Marta’s practice includes a wide array of personal injury, wrongful death, civil rights, products liability, medical malpractice, premise liability, insurance bad faith, employment and government liability claims. Marta graduated cum laude from Seattle University School of Law with a focus in trial advocacy.
She diligently represents individuals who have experienced trauma, loss or injury. Marta works hard to make the legal process feel manageable and accessible to her clients. Marta dedicates her time to volunteering for organizations providing support to survivors of childhood sexual abuse and children seeking immigration status due to abandonment, neglect or abuse.
Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
University of Washington, B.A., International Studies, cum laude, 2009
LICENSURE & ADMISSIONS
• Washington State Courts, WSBA No. 46416
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ)
EAGLE Member (2017 – Present)
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association (TPCBA)
Active Member (2017 – Present)
REPRESENTATIVE CASES & RESULTS
- C.V. et. al v. Department of Health and Social Services (2019)- $1.5 million settlement for CPS failure to remove children from home where they were subjected to years of abuse and neglect.
- Goff v. Department of Health and Social Services (2018)– Obtained $350,000 settlement for erroneous determination parent committed sexual abuse after falsified evidence against parent was uncovered.
- Grech v. Thurston County (2017) – represented injured woman struck by police officer negligently passing her vehicle and T-boning her at a high speed; obtained $700,000 settlement.
- Kelly v. Snohomish County (2017) - $4.1 million verdict for gross negligence of a county designated mental health professional as associated counsel.