About Us – Professional Details
Lincoln is a founding partner of Connelly Law Offices. He is a seasoned plaintiff trial lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of personal injury, civil rights and insurance bad faith law. Lincoln’s track record lists dozens of jury trials and settlements that far exceed multi-million dollar results on behalf of his clients. His powerful courtroom reputation brings him some of the best, most complicated cases in Washington state. He has a passion for taking on cases that involve the abuse of power, which frequently pits him against state agencies and prominent public figures.
PRIMARY AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Complex civil litigation involving insurance bad faith, medical negligence, wrongful death, products liability, government negligence, neglect, sexual abuse, and all forms of serious personal injuries
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN:
All Washington Courts
US District Courts for Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
J.D., University of Washington School of Law
B.S., Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
CONTACT LINCOLN BEAUREGARD:
- Families of Student Victims v. Marysville School District (2017), $18,200,000 settlement in school shooting case killing four students and injuring one
- Sillavan v. DSHS (2017), $4,800,000 verdict in negligent adoption case
- Kelly v. Snohomish County (2017), $4,100,000 verdict in gross negligence against mental health first responders
- Elias v. City of Seattle, $2,800,000 verdict for employment retaliation/discrimination on the part of Chief of Police
- Flyte v. Summit View Clinic (2015) - $16,700,000 verdict against a clinic that failed to provide informed consent to a pregnant woman during the H1N1 (Swine Flu) pandemic of 2009
- Chagoya v. DSHS et al (2015) - $14,000,000 total recoveries for terrible abuse of children placed in home with abusive woman.
- 5 Childhood Sex Abuse Survivors v. Whidbey Park District (2013-15) - $6,750,000 total recoveries for women abused by swim coach Andrew King.
- Taylor v. Unigard (2013) - $500,000 policy limits settlement for a victim suffering permanent injuries.
- Estate of Billy Ray Shirley III v. Bill's Towing (2014) - $390,000 verdict against a landlord and tenant for the shooting death of a teenager at an established "after-hours" party.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2015) - $275,000 settlement for adult who was abused as a child in a Pierce County group home.
- Lakewood Officer Victims v. Department of Corrections (2012) – Failure to supervise felon Maurice Clemmons resulting in death of 4 distinguished law enforcement officers. 12.5 million recoveries.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2012)– Child injured as a result of paint fume exposure in utero. $2 million recoveries.
- L.O. & T.O. v. DSHS (2012)– Negligent placement of pre-teen girls in a home with suspected child molester. $3 million recoveries.
- Gibson v. SkyChefs (2013)– Trucking accident with substantial spinal injuries. $670,000 recoveries.
- Howes v. City of Seattle (2013)– Violation of civil rights by way of unlawful interrogation. $215,000 recoveries.
- Hoselton v. King County (2012)– Inmate sexually seduced by female counselor while in King County Jail. $300,000 recoveries.
- W.M. & J.P v. State & Kiwanis (2011)- Sexual abuse at Group home. $2.3 million total recoveries.
- McCarthy v. Teenage Defendants (2010)- Wrongful death of teenage girl from a drug overdose on New Year's Eve. $2.725 million total recovery of insurance proceeds.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Wrongful death from medical malpractice. $3.5 million total recoveries.
- Frostad v. Construction Defendants (2009-2010)- Wrongful death of father of 3 daughters involving workplace accident at Langley Military Base. $2.95 million total recoveries.
- Bryant v. Denali Enterprises (2010)- Carbon monoxide poisoning of tenant in rental property resulting in mild brain injury. $375,000 total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Employment discrimination involving serious abuse of power. $1.5 million total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Wrongful death shooting involving mental health care provider. $1 million total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Sexual abuse victims involving discrete fact pattern. $1.3 million total recoveries.
- Flook v. Defendant (2010)- Automobile Accident involving assorted injuries. $750,000 total recovery.
- Heslop v. O'Halloran (2010)- Motorcycle accident involving serious injuries with a $475,000 recovery.
- Kennedy v. City of Ridgefield (2006) - Wrongful death claim against municipal entities for failing to protect from dangerous community member. $2.8 million total recoveries. Litigated successfully in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Bolt v. DSHS, et al - Wrongful death of child in government licensed group home. $2 million total recovery.
- Specialty Surplus v. Second Chance (2006) - Insurance bad faith claim involving breaches of the duties to defend and settle. $4.9 million stipulated judgment with $2.5 in ultimate recoveries upon $1 million insurance policy.
- T.W. v. Confidential - Employee lost limb in worksite explosion involving negligent detonation of fireworks at morale and welfare party. $2.4 million total recoveries.
- Frank v. Safeco Insurance Co. - Insurance bad faith claim for breaching duty to defend. $4.5 million motion for summary judgment with subsequent settlement pending appeal.
- Frank v. DSHS - Negligent licensing of a daycare facility resulting in the wrongful death of child. $1.5 million resolution.
- Hemley v. Fantasy Faire - Brain injured employee at company party awarded insurance limits of $1.1 million
- Clark v. Korean Women's Association - Wrongful death claim against vulnerable adult care provider. $2 million total recovery for surviving family members
- A.K. and K.M. v. State of Washington (2009) - $2 million settlement award for two girls sexually and emotionally abused in negligently monitored foster care home.
- A.G. v. State of Washington (2009) - $1.5 million settlement in a case involving more than a decade of severe physical and sexual abuse of young girl by her Department of Social and Services appointed guardian.
- Hulbert v. Municipal Defendants - Misconnected water supply line provides for serious gastronomical injuries to resident. $1.275 total recoveries.
- Confidential v. Confidential - Products liability claim involving wrongful death of child as a subsequence of negligently designed blind cord. $1 million recovery.
- Stroming v. Department of Corrections - Negligent supervision of offenders on community supervision resulting in sexual abuse involving two children. $620,000 settlement.
- S.S. v. University of Washington - Man sexually abused in mental care facility as a child. $480,000 in recoveries.
- Gascoyne v. DSHS et al - Negligent licensing of daycare facility leading to sexual abuse of minor children. $420,000 total insurance recovery exhaustion.
- Kono v. Hower - Wrongful death claim involving unsupervised mentally incompetent individual. Exhausted available insurance fof $400,000.
- Moser v. Pierce County - Sexual assault of inmate.
- Ziemke v. Manor Care - Sexual assault of elderly woman in nursing care facility. $220,000 settlement.
COMMUNITY AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
Communities in Schools, Board Member
Community for Youth
Washington State Association for Justice Board of Governors
Loren Miller Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association’s Leadership Institute
Gordon Thomas Honeywell LLC - Senior Associate
PUBLISHED CASES BRIEFED AND/OR ARGUED:
- Anderson v. Akzo Nobel,172 Wash. 2d 593, 260 P.3d 857 (2011)
- HBH v. DSHS, 197 Wash. App. 77, 387 P.3d 1093 (2016)
- Flyte v. Summit View Clinic, 183 Wash. App. 559, 333 P.3d 566 (2014)
- K.C. v. Johnson, 197 Wash. App. 1083 (2017)
- P.L. v. DSHS, 184 Wash. App. 1010 (2014)
- Kennedy v. City of Ridgefield, 439 F.3d 1055 (9th Cir. 2006)
- Whisnant v. United States of America, 400 F.3d 1177 (March 11, 2005)
- Specialty Surplus v. Second Chance, 412 F. Supp. 1152 (January 30, 2006)
- Paradise Orchards General Partnership v. Fearing, 122 Wn. App. 507 (2004)
- Loomis v. City of Puyallup Police Department, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35695 (2005)
- Washington Insurance Law Seminar 2012, Chair
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Seminars
- The Ins and Outs of Policy Limits Demands, August 2008
- Punitive Damages Against Insurance Companies in Washington, January 2007
- Conducting and Memorializing Discovery Conferences, October 2007
- Civil Procedure and the Rules, October 2004
- Washington State Bar Association Seminar
- Creative Use of Stipulations, August 2008
- When tort duties and contractual obligations collide in insurance bad faith litigation, WSTLA Trial News, December 2006
- The secrets are out in state courts, WSTLA Trial News, November 2006
- Circling the Courts, Seattle Post Intelligencer, Spring 2002
- Law & Politics, WA Super Lawyers
- Seattle Met: Top 100 Lawyers in Washington
- Best Lawyers in America
- Seattle Met: Top Lawyers as Chosen by Their Peers
- Leading Lawyers in Puget Sound Region, 2013
- Law & Politics Magazine, Rising Star: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011
- Air Force Eagle Grant of Education Excellence, 1998
LINCOLN IN THE NEWS:
- Co-pilot sues Alaska Airlines over Alleged Drugging, Rape by Flight Captain During Layover
- Families of victims of Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting settle lawsuit for $18 million
- Jury: City owes $2.8 million to sidelined seattle cops
- Meet the Brash and Brilliant Lawyer who won't Leave Ed Murray Alone
- Meet Lincoln Beauregard, the lawyer who gets 'right up' in Seattle Mayor Ed Murray's face
- 'Deadliest Catch' star Sig Hansen won't face criminal charges for alleged abuse
- King County to settle lawsuit against sheriff, aides for $1.35M over retaliation claims
- Lawsuit: Marysville-Pilchuck teacher may not have passed on warning before mass shooting
- Families of Marysville school shooting victims seek millions
- Jury awards $16.7M to family of Puyallup woman who died of swine flu
- State to pay families of three Lakewood police officers killed by Maurice Clemmons $12.5 million
- Seattle Schools settles sex-abuse case for nearly $250k
- State to pay $8M to 6 siblings who apparently suffered abuse
- County to pay $1 million to 3 detectives in sex-harrassment case
- Island County sheriff slapped with $10-million claim | Attorneys say former employee neglected to report pedophile coach
- Ex-student accuses Seattle teacher of sexual misconduct
- 2 children died before state shuttered Greenwood daycare
- Pierce County jury awards $16.7 million in swine flu death of pregnant Puyallup mother
- Jury Awards $390,000 to estate of boy shot outside Tacoma Party
- Man sues agency, alleges abuse in '80s at Tacoma Group Home
- Jury finds Overlake negligent after patient sexually assaulted
- City to pay $215K for improperly questioning teen in tot’s death
- $1.5M settlement in woman's claim of 1990s sex abuse by swim coach
- Boys ranch draws another suit
- Family of slain King County deputy sues state
- Harborview patient sues after sex abuse by care provider
- High court sides with sick 11-year-old, clears block to medical torts
- Lawsuit: Kids left in ‘house of horrors’ for years despite complaints to state
- 2 car salesmen accused of rape ordered to pay $2.5 million
- Abused girl gets $1.5 million settlement from state
- DSHS settles foster-care case for $2 million
- King County settles juvenile-jail sex case with $300,000 to victim
- UW pays $480,000 to settle suit over sex abuse
- Second lawsuit settled in North Whidbey swim coach assault case
- State to pay $3 million to girls raped by grandfather in foster care
- Teen formerly accused in toddler’s death sues Seattle police