About Us - Professional Details
Amanda Searle is a Trial Lawyer who handles complex personal injury, medical malpractice, civil rights and wrongful death claims. She is a strong advocate representing plaintiffs, and has won numerous cases resulting in multi-million dollar awards on behalf of her clients. Amanda was President of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association in 2021, and has been an active board member since 2011. Amanda is often in the news speaking on behalf of high-profile cases. She is known and respected for her powerful courtroom presence.
She received dual B.A.s in Government/Law and German from Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, after which time she was commissioned into the United States Army. She served four years on active duty, stationed in Germany, and deployed to Iraq in 2003 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
In her free time, Amanda enjoys spending time with her son, playing tennis and running marathons.
State of Washington - Admitted June 16, 2010
State of California - Admitted June 2, 2009
J.D., California Western School of Law, 2008
B.A., Lafayette College, 2001
- Commissioner Pro Tempore - Pierce County Superior Court (2022- present)
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association Board Member- Immediate Past President (2022)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Board Member- President (2021)
- The Honorable Robert J. Bryan American Inn of Court- Member (2012-present)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Board Member- Vice President (2020)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Board Member- Trustee (2017-2019)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Board Member, Secretary (2011-2013)
Attorney, Forsberg & Umlauf, P. S. - Tacoma, WA
Academic Account Manager, Thomson Reuters - San Diego, CA
Law Clerk, Winet, Patrick and Weaver - Vista, CA
Legal Intern, G.R.B. Entertainment, Inc. - Sherman Oaks, CA
Signal Officer, United States Army - Kitzingen, Germany and Baghdad, Iraq