Areas of Practice:
Civil litigation, primarily serious personal injury, wrongful death, brain & spinal cord injury, sports injury, government liability, and products liability.
Admitted to Practice In
· All Washington Courts
· US District Courts for Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
· J.D., Gonzaga School of Law, 2006
Magna cum laude
Thomas More scholar
American Constitution Society: Chair
Gonzaga Public Interest Law Caucus: Vice-President
· B.S., University of Oregon, 2000
· Clay v. Seattle School District (2009) - $15 million spinal cord injury during an unsafe wrestling practice. School did not ensure that coaches were not properly trained in safety techniques, and encouraged aggressive, dangerous behaviour during practice.
· Mendez v. Pacific Conference (2009) - Youth rendered C-5 quadriplegic in an unsafe obstacle course at summer camp. Cumulative settlements totaled $14.25 million.
. J.T. v. Trinity Glass, Inc., (2008) – Temporary worker sustained traumatic brain injury as a result of an unsafe and unsecure wooden block used to store heavy doors in a warehouse. Case resolved for $6.5 million.
. Christensen v. Foss Waterway Marina (2008) – Resident of Marina sustained injury in fall on his way home to his boat. Case resolved short of trial for $630,000.
· A.O. v. (Confidential Defendants) (2008) - Products liability and medical negligence case involving a dangerous dental anesthetic. Plaintiff suffered from severe right side facial paralysis. Cumulative settlements for $1.7 million.
·Washington State Bar Association
. Washington Young Lawyers Association
. Washington State Associate for Justice